Wednesday, Nov. 29, 2017 | 10-11 a.m. EST | Cost: Free
To say that the satellite industry is going through a profound transformation is in many instances an understatement. Demand for connectivity is surging, and satellite operators are responding by launching massive amounts of new bandwidth into orbit. By 2025, we’re expected to have 10x the capacity we have today.
While the space segment has attracted most of the innovative focus in recent years, it is vital to recognize that there is no value in the satellite industry without a ground terminal. New opportunities cannot be met without major steps forward in the ground segment.
Join iDirect and NSR for an exclusive analysis of the market opportunities, technology trends and the impact of ground segment on the overall satellite industry.
In this webinar, you’ll learn:
- What are the trends driving or restraining growth in equipment shipments and revenues for each market vertical and region, and for each type of equipment?
- What are the technology trends in modems, RF equipment, antennas and baseband systems shaping the industry? How is the emergence of HTS and the growing demand of bandwidth influencing these trends?
- How is HTS opening new market segments in Broadband and Mobility markets?
- What is iDirect’s strategy to unlocking these new opportunities?
- How is iDirect driving innovations on the ground to be in lock-step with these new trends?
About the Presenters
Nikola Kromer, Senior Director Product Marketing, VT iDirect
Nikola Kromer is responsible for developing and implementing the product portfolio positioning and vertical marketing covering mobility, enterprise and government markets. She is also directly involved in refining the future technology strategy at VT iDirect. Kromer manages a diverse team of product marketers whose mission is to understand the needs of VT iDirect’s partners, work closely with product management to launch the extensive product portfolio that meets those needs and effectively communicating the product and technology strategy to customers and industry partners.
Lluc Palerm joined NSR as an analyst in 2015. His primary areas of focus are satellite broadband and ground segment covering key growth areas such as new markets unlocked by HTS, opportunities opened by innovations in ground segment, how satcom integrates in the telecom ecosystem, enterprise VSAT, consumer broadband or cellular backhaul. He is the lead author for NSR’s VSAT and Broadband Satellite Markets (VBSM) report, industry’s unique Commercial Satellite Ground Segment (CSGS) report, and Wireless Backhaul via Satellite (WBS) report. Mr. Palerm regularly participates in consulting projects related to demand forecast for new satellite systems, new markets entry strategy or ground segment equipment and services demand for emerging opportunities among others.