- 1 RU high remote fitting in standard telecom racks
- Licensable 2nd demodulator for multicast traffic
- AC and DC variant power supply module configurations
- Communications-on-the-Move (COTM) support
- Optional AES Encryption
- Six 10/100Base-T Ports
- Embedded computing to run value-added applications
- Intel® Atom™ family, 64-bit, 8 core, 2.4 GHz clock speed
- Extended Memory: 16 GB RAM, 120 GB solid state hard drive
- Two 10/100/1000Base-T Ports (Application Specific)
The X7-EC combines standard iDirect X7 features with extra processing power and memory to run value-added software without impacting satellite communication performance. As a result, customers are able to tailor remote capabilities to better meet specific market requirements and create an ideal enterprise class solution.
The X7-EC remote must be paired with one of four licensable applications to provide seamless delivery of services to the network edge. The first four supported applications are iDirect SatHaul™ Optimization, Cisco® 5921 Embedded Services Router, Sevis® 2G/3G Optimization, and Xiplink™ Virtual (XV) Optimization.
The X7-EC remote increases value by consolidating solutions that typically require use of a multi-box configuration into a 1U rack-mounted form factor. This cost-effective single box solution reduces the hardware footprint, simplifies installation, decreases points of failure, and lowers power consumption.