Company’s Airborne-Certified Router Meets Growing Demand for Secure Airborne Satellite Communications Throughout Military and Government
Herndon, Va., March 26, 2012 – iDirect Government Technologies (iGT), a wholly owned subsidiary of VT iDirect (iDirect), is releasing its newest satellite router, which meets strict airborne communications requirements for operation on military aircraft. The new airborne router delivers broadband capabilities for voice, video and data applications that provide support for intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR), Customs and Border Protection operations and emergency response missions. iGT is a government leader in satellite-based IP communications technology.
Compliant with the highest military security requirements, the airborne rack-mount router, e8000 AR, provides fast, reliable and secure network connections for high-speed Communications on the Move (COTM) versatility. The router enables constant connectivity between manned and unmanned aircraft for uninterrupted command and control communications between theaters, ISR applications and the transmission of high-definition imagery from the aircraft to soldiers on the ground.
- Roll-on, roll-off form factor - The compact single rack-mount unit (1RU) will fit a standard 19-inch rack-mount for roll-on/roll-off use.
- Integrates the iDirect iConnex® e850mp FIPS L2 board and is Federal Information Processing Standards Publications (FIPS) 140 Level 2 compliant.
- Delivers speeds as much as 11.1 Mbps in time division multiple access (TDMA) transmission and as much as 20 Mbps on single channel per carrier (SCPC Return) from the aircraft, and as many as 150Mbps DVB-S2/ACM to the aircraft.
- Built-in central processing unit to enable antenna integration with any antenna control unit (ACU) not using the OpenAMIP standard interface, and on-board custom maps for complex automatic beam switching applications.
- Certified to MIL-STD EMI and environmental requirements for aircraft.
- Rugged airborne-certified interfaces for high performance and easy integration on aircraft.
- Delivers military-grade transmission security (TRANSEC) with advanced encryption standard (AES) encryption.
- Spread-spectrum technology provides bandwidth and spectral efficiencies that enable the use of small and flat-panel phased array antennas on low- and high-speed aircraft.
- Fully enabled for iDirect’s Global Network Management System and provides automatic beam switching technology for global coverage.
- Supports all antenna variants and X-, Ku- and Ka- bands.
“We have seen a steady increase in intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance missions by our key customers. In addition to being easily added to existing customers’ networks, the e8000 AR meets strict airborne operational requirements, protects mission-critical information, supports high-speed COTM and improves overall mission availability for our customers,” said John Ratigan, iGT president. “Our sole focus is to deliver the solutions our customers need to support their growing mission-critical applications.”
The e8000 AR will be on display at TechNet Land Forces Southwest in Tucson, Ariz., from March 27-29, and the DoDIIS Worldwide Conference in Denver, from April 1-4.
About iDirect Government Technologies
iDirect Government Technologies (iGT), a wholly owned subsidiary of VT iDirect, Inc., delivers secure satellite-based voice, video and data applications with anytime and anywhere connectivity in the air, at sea and on land. iGT’s satellite IP solutions are used for critical communications ranging from force protection, logistics, situational awareness, disaster recovery and emergency response. Building on more than 15 years of global satellite communications experience, iGT provides the most bandwidth-efficient, scalable and highly secure platform to meet specialized applications of multiple federal, state and local government agencies, including the Department of Defense, both domestically and abroad. iGT is headquartered in Herndon, Va.
For more information, please visit http://www.idirectgt.com.
Marketing Manager, iGT